You had your chance to air your grievances in the Rant thread, now it's time to let everyone know what's going right & making you happy.
I'm starting to think this might be "The Week That Things Went Right" for me! Hope this trend continues throughout the year because I'm loving it!
1) Got my truck unstuck & running again yesterday morning--see the rant thread if you don't know what I'm talking about.
2) My husband did a bunch of cleaning around the house AND cooked dinner without me asking him or reminding him to.
3) None of the cats managed to sneak inside so we didn't have to deal with chasing them down & throwing them back out before they could crap in some random place.
4) My daughters played together nicely and quietly yesterday with only a brief "India pinched me! Saffron bit me! Waaaaaaaaaah! MOMMY!!!!! DADDY!!!!!! SHE'S MEAN AND I HATE HER!" freakout--They're slightly less than 2 years apart, 6 & 4 years old, & best frenemies so normally that freakout goes on for I'd say at least 3 hours of every day.
5) I had a huge boil on my boob that hurt more than childbirth & it exploded Friday afternoon while I was taking a short nap. It shot/leaked a lake of pus all over me & the bed--it was the most vile stench I've encountered, even worse than a bloated dead animal that's been laying on a paved MO road in Aug for a few days. Nasty thing left a horrifying path of destruction--big ass hole about a cm in diameter & at least half a cm deep--in it's wake. I completely wigged out over it & Google-foo'd like mad trying to figure out what my chances of dying or having my boob rot off were....go ahead & make fun of me but I've never had a boil before & I'm hypomanic so it screwed with my head in a bad way. I've been cleaning it religiously & taking antibiotics as instructed by Dr. Google & my nurse friend. Now it seems to be completely finished oozing, all the surrounding redness is gone, and while it still kinda hurts it's not something I even need Tylenol for (yesterday I had to take Percoset) so IT'S HEALING!!!
6) We seem to be making progress with our stalker
. What went right with that mess is on my "ending a friendship" thread.
7) I jacked up my whole sleep cycle in a bad way by forgetting my mood stabilizer for a few days & going all hypomanic but I took it yesterday & I took it a few minutes ago. I also found one of those weekly pill organizers in the closet & loaded it up. I shouldn't be forgetting any of my meds now because they're all conveniently located together & ready for me to take. Forgetting to take a pill for a few days sounds like a such a small thing but even something that small can make or break a person's life. I'm not a good parent when I'm cycling, even in the early stages, and my children suffer for it because they're too little to understand that I'm not avoiding them because I don't love them but instead because I DO love them & don't want to screw them up any more than I already have. I do it because spending too much time around them when I'm like that would probably be even more damaging at their ages because my behavior has the same negative core traits no matter if I'm hypomanic, manic, or depression. I get way too irritable & snap over everything, my patience flies out the window, I get paranoid about the most idiotic things, I pretty much sh*t all over the people who are closest to me & who love me the most, and I basically just suck all around as a human being. Such a relief to have found a free & easy way to lesson the chances of that happening again any time soon